Oh yes we did! Bluenose Rum with Crosby's Fancy Molasses in a chocolate cake. Could we offer you anything more decadent? We created this cake to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the launch of Bluenose (1921-2021).
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 6 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Crosby's Fancy Molasses
- 1 1/2 cups cold water (or cold coffee)
- 1/4 cup Ironworks Bluenose Rum
- 1/2 cup butter (or plant based spread)
- 1/4 cup water (of 1/8 cup water and 1/8 cup Bluenose Rum)
- 2 tbsp Crosby's Fancy Molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3 Cups Icing sugar
- Preheat Oven 350 F
- Prepare two 8" metal pans
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl whisk the Bluenose Rum and other wet ingredients together.
- Using a stand mixer or electric hand whisk blend the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pans and place in the hot oven for 35-45 minutes (until a tester comes out clean).
- Allow cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely before icing.
- Cream butter, molasses and vanilla.
- Add Water (or as per your preference water/rum combination) and mix well
- Alternate adding cocoa and icing sugar 1/2 cup at a time mixing well after each addition
Pairs perfectly with our Rogue Wave cocktail.