This fudge is dangerously delicious and we don't think anyone could stop at just one piece...
1x 300ml tin of sweetened condensed milk
150ml Ironworks Maple Rum Cream
450g Demerara sugar
115g unsalted butter
1 20cm square tin lined with parchment paper
- In a large non-stick saucepan place the sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter and 100ml of Maple Rum Cream (keep 50ml back to add later). Melt the ingredients over a low temperature, stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a steady boil for 12 minutes – stir continuously with a whisk. If you have a sugar thermometer monitor the temperature (it should be around 110-115 °C). If you do not have a thermometer, drop a small amount of the mixture into a glass of ice cold water - if a soft ball forms the fudge can be removed from the heat.
- Cool the mixture for five minutes and then blend in the remaining 50ml of Maple Rum Cream.
- Beat the cooling fudge with a whisk for 10 minutes, it will become very thick and the shine will diminish.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press into shape with the back of a spoon. Allow to set before cutting into squares.