A delicious treat... a cookie base topped with a Maple Rum Cream infused cheesecake and topped with Maple Rum Cream chocolate ganache. Make this for your next dinner party and we suspect that the plates will be licked clean.
- 24 Oreo cookies - crushed into crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup Ironworks Maple Rum Cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Ironworks Maple Rum Cream
This cheesecake is baked in a water bath. Prepare a 9" springform pan ahead of time but wrapping it in aluminum foil.
Preheat oven 325°F
- Mix together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of your prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside, on a wire rack, leave to cool completely.
- Boil a full kettle of water for the water bath.
- In the bowl or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and blend until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, make sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next. Add Maple Rum Cream and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the springform pan and smooth the top.
- Place the springform pan into a roasting pan and pour boiling water into the roasting pan. The water should reach halfway up the outside of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for one hour. You will notice that the edge of the cheesecake will appear solid and the inside might be a little jiggly. Turn the oven off, and leave the cheesecake in the cooling oven for one hour with the door open a crack.
- After one hour, remove the cheesecake from the water bath. Place on a cooling rack and leave to cool completely. When cool move to the fridge and chill for at least 8 hours.
- In a small saucepan warm the cream until hot (but not boiling).
- Place chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- With a hand whisk, gently mix the cream and chocolate until well combined and smooth.
- Gently stir in Ironworks Maple Rum Cream. Leave the ganache to sit for an additional 5 minutes.
- Pour ganache over the chilled cheesecake and spread into an even layer. Serve with the ganache warm or chill in the fridge.