No recipe page would be complete without a nod to the famous "Mojito", and here's our version, made using our amber rum.
- 12 oz mint simple syrup
- 8 oz Ironworks Amber Rum
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 8 oz chilled club soda
- fresh mint
MINT SIMPLE SYRUP
- heat 1 cup white sugar with 1 cup water
- stir until dissolved
- add 8 oz torn mint leaves
- Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup sit until completely cool.
- Remove and strain syrup through fine strainer or cheesecloth.
- stores in fridge for a week
- Muddle a few mint leaves in an old fashioned glass
- Combine mint simple syrup, rum, lime juice and club soda
- Pour over ice