Here's another classic cocktail interpreted with Ironworks Apple Brandy and our popular Bluenose Rum. Thanks to Anne Marie Bungay-Larose, one of our favourite bartender / mixologist creatives, we've been introduced to the world of "flips" - a rich, super-frothy and delicious alternative to egg-nog with the added attraction of being dairy free.
- 1 full egg
- 3/4 oz cinnamon simple syrup
- 1/2 oz Ironworks Apple Brandy
- 1.5 oz Ironworks Bluenose Rum
CINNAMON SIMPLE SYRUP
- heat 1 cup white sugar with 1 cup water
- stir until dissolved
- add 2 four inch sections of cinnamon stick cracked into pieces
- Turn off the heat and let the simple syrup sit until completely cool.
- Remove and strain syrup through fine strainer or cheesecloth.
- stores in fridge for a week
- Mix together the egg, cinnamon syrup brandy and rum in cocktail shaker
- SHAKE VERY HARD! ( you want this to be really frothy!)
- Strain into a rocks glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick