Our good friend, the talented mixologist Steven Cross (aka “Crusher”) is the resident mixologist & bar manager at 2 Doors Down in Halifax. He presented two punch recipes, using our products, at Saltscapes Expo in April 2018. Customers were clamouring for the recipes so here we go…
INGREDIENTS (Enough for a few friends on a fair evening)
- 1 750 ml bottle of Ironworks Gin
- 1 cup Rosemary syrup
- 6 cups of cranberry juice
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 4 cups of fizzy water
- 4 limes cut into coin slices
ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP
Add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan and stir on medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Turn off the heat and add the 4 sprigs of rosemary. Allow to cool. Strain syrup through a fine strainer.
- Mix together the rosemary syrup, Ironworks Gin, cranberry juice (of course we recommend Terra Beata brand!), lemon juice and 2 cups of still cold water.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes, until quite cold.
- Before serving, top the punch with lime coin slices.
- You can add the fizzy water all at once to the punch bowl, or serve along side and have the guests top off their own glass.
- You can make the basic punch (syrup, gin, cranberry juice, lemon juice and water) up to a day ahead and keep chilled in the fridge until ready.