When spring is just around the corner we all hunger for the fresh fruit that comes to our farmer’s market and rhubarb is often the first we see on the table. Rhubarb and strawberry are perfect partners and together they make a terrific combination with Ironworks Amber Rum. Aptly nick-named pie-in-a-glass you can sweeten to taste with simple syrup if so desired then top off with some bubbly club soda.
- 1/2 oz Ironworks Rhubarb Esprit
- 4 super fresh strawberries ( frozen will do – thaw them first )
- 1.5 oz Ironworks Amber Rum
- simple syrup ( equal parts hot water and white sugar – dissolve and cool )
- thoroughly crush the strawberries in a shaker
- add Rhubarb Esprit and Amber Rum with simple syrup
- shake with ice and add simple syrup to taste
- strain into a coupe glass and top with club soda.