We have borrowed the yummy recipe for this drink (which was created by Wildcard Creative) directly from Taste of Nova Scotia’s recipe pages. Van Dyk’s delicious Wild Nova Scotia blueberry juice perfectly compliments the local gin in this cocktail. Alternatively you could use Terra Beata Blueberry juice. Ideal for a personal drink or a crowd pleasing punch at a backyard BBQ. Could blueberry juice be any more of a versatile product? We think not!
- 1.5 oz Ironworks Gin
- .5 oz Lavender Simple Syrup
- .5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- .5 oz Van Dyk’s Wild Blueberry Juice
- Club soda to top
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Culinary Grade dried lavender buds
LAVENDER SYRUP DIRECTIONS:
- In a small saucepan, bring water, sugar and lavender buds to a light boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off hear and allow buds to steep in syrup for one hour to overnight.
- Strain buds from syrup & discard.
- Syrup will keep in a bottle or jar in the fridge for up to one month.
- Fill shaker tin with ice.
- add gin, lavender simple syrup, lemon & blueberry juices
- shake until tin frosts over
- pour into an ice filled glass
- top with soda & garnish with lemon peel